Community Development Site
Voter ID information
Rankin County Home
Online Payments
Board Meetings
Elected Officials
County Departments
Court Systems
County Directory
Employment Opportunities
Related Links
County Businesses
County Parks
County Redistricting
County Maps
New Precincts
  Voter Lookup
Reservoir Overlay Info.
Online record search

Development Home


Online Services

What are the Inspection Procedures?

There are 6 steps to an Inspection Procedure.

1. Plumbing grounds (before plumber backfills ditches)
2. Foundation (before concrete is poured - reverse for conventional foundation)
3. Frame, Mechanical, Electrical rough-in (before insulation)
4. Insulation
5. Electrical Service (transfer of power from temporary to permanent).
**Must have form 910 from the Health Department approving sewer system
6. Final Inspection

What is Stormwater?
Rankin County was one of thirty-one designated cities and counties in Mississippi required by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to develop a stormwater runoff management program. In order to better address water quality and reduce non-point source pollution to local waters, Rankin County developed a stormwater runoff management program. To find out more information, please down Rankin County Stormwater Program Information.
What are the Manufactured Home Permit Requirements?

1. Verify or obtain an E-911 physical address from Rankin County Rural Addressing at 601-824-2423. No fee charged.

2. Fill out an application for a soil sample at the Rankin County Health Department at 601-824-2564. Must furnish copy of your deed unless the property is located in a platted subdivision.

3. Obtain building permit from the Building Department at 601-824-2570. Must furnish E-911 address (from Step 1), a 335 or 910 form from the Health Department (from Step 2), deed on land, and the Bill of Sale on the Mobile Home. There is a $100.00 fee.

4. Obtain a registration number from the Tax Collector's Office at 601-825-1467. You will need a copy of the Building Department permit (from Step 3) and the Bill of Sale on the Mobile Home. There is a $1.00 fee.

The Building Inspector will check the blocking, tie-downs and electrical work from the meter base to the mobile home.

Before the power company is notified you must pass the mobile home inspection by the Building Department and have a 910 form from the Health Department approving your sewer system.