FAQs - Details


When I sell or trade my vehicle do I take my tag off the vehicle?


Yes. The seller shall remove the tag (license plate) and surrender the tag and receipt to the tax collector's office (in the same month of selling) for credit toward another tag, or get a credit slip to be used later toward another vehicle. Mississippi law does not allow for cash refund or credit if moving out of state.

County Contact

Rankin County Board of Supervisors (website)
211 E Government St, Suite A
Brandon, MS 39042
Get Directions

  • Phone: (601) 825-1475
  • Fax: (601) 825-9600
  • Office Hours:
    M-F 8:00 am - 5:00 pm