Login Home

*********   ARE YOU MOVING TO RANKIN COUNTY?   **********

If you are moving to the unincorporated area of Rankin County a utility permit is required to transfer electrical service into your name. Click HERE to obtain a utility permit application and instructions.


Rankin County was one of thirty-one designated cities and counties in Mississippi required by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to develop a stormwater runoff management program. In order to better address water quality and reduce non-point source pollution to local waters, Rankin County developed a stormwater runoff management program. To find out more information, please download the Rankin County Stormwater Program Information.

Contact Us

Renee Lawrence,
Director of Community Development

203 E Government St
Suite 205
Brandon, MS 39042
Get Directions

  • Phone: (601) 824-2570
  • Fax: (601) 824-2571
  • Office Hours:
    M-F 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Department Home