March 13, 2018 Special Election Runoff Unofficial Reports: Cumulative Results  - Canvass Results - Precinct Results

Login Home

*********   ARE YOU MOVING TO RANKIN COUNTY?   **********

If you are moving to the unincorporated area of Rankin County a utility permit is required to transfer electrical service into your name. Click HERE to obtain a utility permit application and instructions.

Community Development

Welcome to the Rankin County Community Development web page. This department is broad in scope. We manage and distribute information which relates in part, to elements of planning and community development as well as document and process storm water and property maintenance comments and concerns. Much of the information requires follow-up consultation and cooperation with other departments within County government.

The use of computer web sites allow interested parties to access basic information, including forms and maps that are relevant in decision making.  We encourage the public to use this web site to formulate questions and comments. We also encourage you to contact us via phone and when necessary set appointments with staff personnel before making purchases and other important decisions. Many policies and procedures of this department are dependent upon information you provide.  Many general rules provided here may or may not apply based on the nature of your project.

Thank you for visiting this site. We look forward to working with  you personally as we process your requests, comments and concerns.

Renee Lawrence
Director, Office of Community Development
Jerry Bounds
Building Official

[email protected]

News & Notices

Subscribe to this feed

Contact Us

Renee Lawrence,
Director of Community Development

Old Courthouse (1st Floor) (more)
117 N Timber St
1st Floor
Brandon, MS 39042
Get Directions

  • Phone: (601) 824-2570
  • Fax: (601) 824-2571
  • Office Hours:
    M-F 8:00 am - 5:00 pm